Featured Food: Pear
Autumn Pear and Sweet Potato Bake
- 3 pears, such as Bosc or d’Anjou (cut into 1-inch chunks)
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/4 cup hard pear cider (such as Ace Perry Cider)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons fresh grated ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet or large roasting pan with foil. In a large bowl, toss sweet potatoes with cider, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves. Transfer potatoes to baking sheet. (Set aside bowl with remaining spice mixture for use with pears.) Bake about 30 minutes. Toss the pears in reserved bowl with spice mixture and toss until evenly coated. Add pears to baking sheet with potatoes, and continue to bake until pears are golden and potatoes are fork-tender, about 25 minutes.
Recipe by Rachel Crockett
What a fabulous sweet and savory taste combination! Thanks.