Featured Food: Mustard Greens
Oven Roasted Mustard Greens with Bacon
- 1 Head (6-7 ounces) mustard greens, roughly chopped
- 3 Slices of bacon (diced)
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- While the oven is preheating, cook the bacon over medium heat until crispy. Drain the bacon pieces, reserving the fat, and set the bacon aside. Toss the greens with the bacon grease along with salt and pepper to taste.
- Roast the greens for 10-15 minutes or until starting to brown. Stir them around and roast for 5-10 minutes more.
- Remove from the oven, toss with the vinegar, top with the bacon, and serve.
Serves about 4
Mustard Greens: http://www.petalumafarmersmarket.com
Balsamic Vinegar: http://shop.brcohn.com/SHOP.AMS?LEVEL=BOT&PART=50802021
Recipe by Rachel Crockett